Thursday 8 April 2010

Twitter

Wow, I'm so Web 2.0!

Well, I already use Twitter, does that count? My unimaginative username is ocoxall.

A quick look at my account shows that I've tweeted 82 times, follow 61 and have 37 followers.

I use Twitter in a number of ways. I follow a mix of people I know, some professional Twitterers (CEBM, Cochrane Library), and some stuff that I'm interested in (bands etc). Oh, and I've tweeted with a #ox23. Actually I was surprised how many tweets I'd, um, tweeted.

A few of the people/organisations I follow use Twitter to announce updates to their websites. I prefer this to RSS feeds, probably because I'm used to Twitter and so can scan the Tweets quickly.

I think that a Library Twitter account, probably linked to our RSS newsfeed, could be worth investigating. Well, I'd like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment