Thursday 8 April 2010

Social Networking and Libraries

I'm not sure where I stand on this topic.

There's a range of opinions on social networking, from "what's the point?", through "meh, whatever" to "I can't live without it!".

I'm pretty keen on it, and Facebook is a good way for me to stay in touch with friends and family. It's just another way of communicating with people.
For me in my professional role, I don't know how I feel about Linkedin. I can see it's potential but I need to explore it in a bit more depth.

How useful is it for libraries? I'm not so sure. I guess it could be a way of engaging with users, but I suppose you need to assess if your audience will be interested.

In our library? Well, it's free so that's good. But I don't know if our users are ready for it. Maybe not yet. But it's good to keep an open mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment