Thursday 8 April 2010

Social Bookmarking

Social Bookmarking sounds like it should be the punchline to a really bad library joke.

But it's not, and I'm a fan. I use Delicious a lot, and have the toolbar installed on all the computers I use. Web access to it means I can get to my links whatever computer I'm at, which is also great.

Looking at Delicious for 23 things has made me realise that although I use it, I don't use it in the most efficient way. I tend to just look at my most visited or recent views to find my bookmarks. Going back and looking at thse tags has made me have a think - I really should organise my links, there were one's on there I'd forgotten about!

Also, adding tags will make them more useful to other people searching Delicious.

Out of the web2.0 stuff we've looked at I think this is one of the best. Professionally, it means I never forget a link in a training session, and personally as it means I can access my favourite sites wherever I am.

Searching other people's favourite sites is pretty interesting too, and it fits in with my vague notion of Web 2.0 being about user generated content.

Delicious and social bookmarking gets a thumbs up from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment