Friday 9 April 2010

Gadgets and Widgets

I removed the Jackson Pollock widget, which I liked but I wasn’t keen on the advertising. I know that somehow you have to pay for ‘free’ stuff, but I still didn’t like it. So I swapped it, in a not very rebellious move, for my Picasa Photostream rather than my Flickr one. Yeah I know, crazy huh?


It was actually really easy to do, and shows how you can customise this kind of site very easily. An important point if you are going to use these applications for library purposes – ease of use means that any one can keep the site updated.

I also added my Delicious bookmarks to my iGoogle page, there should be a screen shot somewhere down the bottom of this post.

Again, this was really easy. I’ve been involved in updating our library webpage, which doesn’t use this kind of widget. This definitely hasn’t been easy.

I suppose the main thing I’ll take from looking at Widgets is how simple they are to use, and how they can (if used carefully) improve the look of your site, and easily personalise then too.



No comments:

Post a Comment