Thursday 28 January 2010

23 things: the start

Well, hello blogosphere – anyone listening? This is my 23 things blog, pretty obvious if you’re reading this as it says it up there ↑↑.

I’m taking part in this to get to know web 2.0 a bit better. I use a lot of this stuff already (Facebook, Twitter, customised homepages) but I don’t really know how they work. Which in day to day life, is fine.

However, from a professional point of view, understanding how they work will help me use them in a better way. I’m involved in running the library website, and it would be nice to use some of these features; but not just tacking them on because there’s a vague feeling that you “should” have them. I guess it’s easy to be caught up in some of the hype (we should have a Facebook site – everyone else has!) but really I’d like to know how to use web 2.0 technology a bit more creatively, especially as a means of communication.

No comments:

Post a Comment