Friday 12 February 2010

RSS feeds

Well, here's my Google Reader page:






I've signed up to some fellow 23 Thing-ers blogs, a couple of non-work blogs (a podcast and a bike blog)in a fun folder, and some work related blogs.

I follow a few blogs but have never really bothered with using RSS feeds. I've got a fairly systematic way of browsing the net (librarian in doing things a certain way shocker) so tend to have a set routine of checking them. I also have email alerts and follow blogs on Twitter.

So personally I'm a bit ambivalent about RSS feeds. i can see their usefulness but they’re not for me. However, Google reader is pretty simple to set up and use, and I would definitely recommend it to my users, many of whom don’t have access to their own PC or such regular work patterns (and PC useage).

No comments:

Post a Comment